We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you and your child to the Waterside Theatre. We are pleased that you have decided to place your child in our care. We promise a warm, caring, happy and secure environment for your child, yet one that will prove to be interesting, stimulating and challenging through our various activities and themes.
Our children's events are child orientated and parent friendly. Parents and children are welcome to visit at any time and parents can stay as long as they feel necessary. We appreciate all ideas and views from parents and we have a comment book at the reception area of the Waterside Theatre for your input.
At the Waterside Theatre we recognise that every child is different and all have their own potential. We aim to treat each child as an individual and with the respect they deserve.
The Waterside Theatre works hard to ensure that a high standard of childcare is maintained. If you have any concerns or queries, please do not hesitate to speak to one of the theatre team.
Our child protection policy, procedures and practice will be reviewed at regular intervals, at least every three years.
We will endeavour to safeguard children by:
• Following carefully the procedures laid down for recruitment and selection of staff and volunteers
• Providing effective management for staff and volunteers through supervision, support and training
• Reporting concerns to statutory agencies who need to know and involving parents and children appropriately
• Adopting child protection guidelines through a code of behaviour for staff and volunteers
• Sharing information about child protection and good practice with children, parents, staff and volunteers
• Ensuring safety procedures are adhered to